Universal Number Translator
now iPad Native!
Polynumial is now a native app for both iPhone and iPad. The iPad version has two translation windows, and always shows the language chooser, for quick switching between languages.
Do you need to:
- - Learn to count in another language?
- - Quickly spell a number in another language?
- - Write out a number on a check?
- - Practice translating numbers?
With Polynumial, the new iPhone App, you can do all of these in over 50 languages! Polynumial instantly translates numbers into words in many different languages (see the list below). When you enter a number, Polynumial instantly spells it out in words. For example, 1,234 in English is spelled "one thousand two hundred thirty four", in German it's "eintausendzweihundertvierunddreißig", in Russian it's "одна тысяча двести тридцать четыре", and in Chinese it's "一千二百三十四“.
Polynumial has 2 convenient ways to enter numbers - "calculator" mode, and "odometer" mode - that make it easy to learn to count in another language. In calculator you simply type in the number using a calculator keypad. Odometer mode works like the old-time odometer wheel display - you spin the wheels, making it easy count up and down.
It also has a training mode, that displays flashcards with random numbers to practice translating.
Available on Apple's App Store now!
HelpPolynumial User's Guide
The Press Release
Polynumial on Facebook
ReviewPolynumial reviewed (poorly) on Engadget (formerly TUAW)
- Afrikaans - South Africa
- Albanian - Albania, Kosovo
- Arabic - Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Chad, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Western Sahara, Yemen
- Armenian - Armenia
- Azerbaijani - Azerbaijan, Russia
- Belarusian - Belarus, Poland
- Bosnian - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro
- Bulgarian - Bulgaria
- Catalan - Spain, Andorra
- Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) - People’s Republic of China, Republic of China (Taiwan), Singapore, Brunei
- Croatian - Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia
- Czech - Czech Republic, Slovakia
- Danish - Denmark, Faroe Islands
- Dutch - Netherlands, Aruba, Belgium, Curaçao, Sint Maarten, Suriname
- English - Canada, United Kingdom, United States
- Esperanto - Constructed International Language
- Estonian - Estonia
- Ewe - Togo and Ghana
- Faroese - Faroe Islands
- Filipino - Philippines
- Finnish - Finland
- French - France, Belgium, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea, Haiti, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Monaco, Niger, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Switzerland, Togo, Vanuatu
- Georgian - Georgia
- German - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Belgium, Luxembourg, South Tyrol (Italy)
- Greek - Greece, Cyprus
- Hebrew - Israel
- Hindi - India
- Hungarian - Hungary
- Icelandic - Iceland
- Indonesian - Indonesia
- Irish - Ireland
- Italian - Italy, Switzerland, San Marino, Vatican City
- Japanese - Japan
- Kalaallisut - Greenland
- Korean - South Korea, North Korea
- Latvian - Latvia
- Lithuanian - Lithuania
- Macedonian - Republic of Macedonia
- Malay - Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore
- Maltese - Malta
- Norwegian Bokmål - Norway
- Norwegian Nynorsk - Norway
- Persian - Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan
- Polish - Poland
- Portuguese - Portugal, Brazil, Angola, Cape Verde, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Macau, Mozambique, São Tomé and Príncipe
- Romanian - Romania, Moldova, Vojvodina
- Russian - Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Moldova, Romania, Ukraine
- Serbian - Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Slovak - Slovakia, Czech Republic
- Slovenian - Slovenia
- Spanish - Spain, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Venezuela
- Swedish - Sweden, Finland
- Tamil - Sri Lanka, Singapore
- Thai - Thailand
- Turkish - Turkey, Cyprus, Kosovo
- Ukrainian - Ukraine
- Vietnamese - Vietnam
- Welsh - Wales (UK)